SPOTLIGHT: on enhancing communication skills and feedback
Communication breakdowns are one of the biggest causes of tension and conflict. Yet they are common in many workplaces, ranging from ineffective communication around roles and responsibilities to managers shying away from communicating negative feedback to their employees. Poor communication can negatively impact the engagement of staff and the productivity of the business. Efforts to enhance communication skills and feedback are, therefore, a valuable investment. At this half-day training course, aimed at managers, you will consider:
• The importance of effective communication
• Common communication pitfalls
• The difference between passing on information and effective communication
• Methods of workplace communication and their pros and cons
• Non-verbal communication, including body language, active listening, tone
• “Ground rules” for group discussion
• Different approaches to group discussion, recognising your preferred approach and that of others
• Techniques for delivering negative feedback or a difficult message in an effective way
Managers will leave the session with improved confidence and a range of new techniques for ensuring effective communication and feedback. 100% of delegates who attended our most result course on this topic agreed or strongly agreed that it was a worthwhile use of their time.
The course will take place in Edinburgh on 1st August 2019 and in Glasgow on 8th August 2019.
The course can also be delivered in-house for a group of your managers. Please contact our Employment Law and HR Training Manager, Lorna Gemmell, for further information (email@example.com).
19 Thistle Street