When Safety Fails: And how to prevent it
Could safety fail in your workplace?
You cannot fail to be moved by Louise’s first-hand account of how her brother Michael went to work one day and never returned. With experienced speakers from HSE backgrounds, and guest speakers who have different stories to tell, this event is set to make you think differently: ensuring safety is considered at all times, and everyone gets home safe.
The event will consider:
- What failure do inspectors look for after a contractor’s on-site incident or accident?
- How would your business perform under investigation?
- What are the common failings in attempting to achieve legal compliance relating to contractor safety?
- How should businesses manage large volumes of contractors?
- What is the best ‘game-plan’ to follow to stay legal?
With guest speakers:
- Louise Taggart, SHP’s Most Influential Speaker 2018;
- Andy Forbes, ex-health & safety director for Babcock's Marine sector;
- LAW’s Matthew Ramsey and Sarah Liversidge, both ex-HSE inspectors.
09.00am – Delegate registration and breakfast rolls
09.30am – Michael’s story, told by Louise Taggart
10.15am – Coffee break
10.30am – Achieving compliance and dealing with inspectors
11.15am – Managing contractors
12.00pm – Audience Q&A
99 Gordon Street
Glasgow City Centre