Minimum wage employers, take note! The National Minimum Wage rates and National Living Wage rates will be changing again in April 2017. The new rates will be as follows:
- £7.50 for 25 and over (increasing from £7.20)
- £7.05 for 21 to 24 (increasing from £6.95)
- £5.60 for 18 to 20 (increasing from £5.55)
- £4.05 for under 18 (increasing from £4.00)
- £3.50 for Apprentices (increasing from £3.40)
These rates do not apply to self-employed people, volunteers or voluntary workers, company directors, family members or those who live in the family home of the employer and undertake household tasks.