New Regulations will be introduced from 6pm on October 16th 2020, and will be in place for four weeks.
Some restrictions are in the form of guidance. The new restrictions are:
- bubbling will be limited to a maximum of 10 people from two households;
- no overnight stays in a private home unless in a bubble;
- closure of the hospitality sector apart from deliveries and takeaways for food, with the existing closing time of 11pm remaining;
- other takeaway premises will be brought in line with hospitality with a closing time of 11pm;
- close contact services such as hairdressers and beauticians are not permitted to open, apart from those relating to the continuation of essential health interventions and therapeutics;
- no indoor sport of any kind or organised contact sport involving household mixing other than at elite level;
- no mass events involving more than 15 people (except for allowed outdoor sporting events where the relevant number for that will continue to apply);
- gyms may remain open but for individual training only with local enforcement in place;
- funerals to be limited to 25 people with no pre- or post-funeral gatherings;
- off licenses and supermarkets will not sell alcohol after 8pm;
- wedding ceremonies and civil partnerships to be limited to 25 people with no receptions from Monday 19th October.
The following advice will be added to the existing health guidance:
- work from home unless unable to do so;
- universities and further education to deliver distance learning to the maximum extent possible with only essential face to face learning where that is a necessary and unavoidable part of the course;
- no unnecessary travel should be undertaken;
- half term holiday break for schools will be extended to a two-week break to run from 19 to 30 October 2020;
- places of worship will remain open with a mandatory requirement to wear face coverings when entering and exiting. This will not apply to parties to a marriage or civil partnerships;
- retail sector will stay open at this time.
LAW clients can seek coronavirus guidance from the Health & Safety At Work team throughout.