Spotlight on sexual harassment and harassment at work
The guide itself is relatively straightforward and provides a good summary of the headline points, however, there are also a lot of relevant and important details in the 82 page technical guidance that accompanies it! You can avoid wading through it by attending our Spotlight session! The session will help you to navigate the changes that will now be required within your organisation to ensure that the steps contained within the guide are complied with. Almost all organisations, even those which currently comply with best practice, will need to make some changes, whether it be updating policies to reflect the guide, updating employee and manager training or introducing new measures to monitor and tackle harassment.
The agenda for the spotlight is as follows:
• Consideration of the definitions of the different types of harassment under the Equality Act
• Further exploration of the types of behaviours that are likely to satisfy the definition of harassment (including a myth-buster to explore when legitimate jokes and “banter” cross the line into harassment)
• The steps that are contained within the EHRC guide and practical advice on what actions employers should now take
• Strategies for influencing culture with a view to reducing instances of harassment
• How to handle a complaint of harassment
The session will be interactive and will include a range of activities to support your learning.
205 West George Street