Health and Safety Update
It is a common myth that health and safety is the responsibility of the company “Health and Safety professional”. In reality and in law, we all have a role to play in achieving health and safety compliance and best practice. Directors, Boards and Senior Management in particular have a critical role in providing leadership and direction on health and safety.
Analysis of major incidents shows that failures of leadership are a common underlying factor and can have catastrophic results.
The health and safety briefing is designed specifically for those who lead health and safety in the workplace and aims to help them to: -
• Understand the human, financial and reputational costs of failing to manage health and safety
• examine their own behaviours and attitudes to health and safety
• identify how to become more effective leaders of health and safety
• consider personal liability when health and safety failures occur
• develop a strategy for strong, committed and effective leadership on health and safety
The briefing will be delivered using case studies and group discussion to maximise the opportunity for learning.
The session will provide a brief overview of the requirements of the Display Screen Equipment Regulations and provide delegates with a basic understanding of the risk assessment process, including a practical session where delegates will complete an assessment.
Our updates are very popular and it is advisable to book early via our website so you don’t miss out. LAW clients are given priority but non-clients are always welcome.
Balmoral Business Park