Management Skills Bootcamp
Managing people is no easy task but the reality is that it often comes secondary to the “day job”. Embedding effective people management into the day-to-day will, in the longer term, make your job a lot easier. An engaged and harmonious team is more likely to produce good results and less of your precious time will be spent dealing with poor performance and conflict.
At this highly interactive and practical two day course you’ll:
• Recognise and reflect on your own management style
• Learn how to recognise the personality traits and behaviour styles of those you manage so that you can get the best out of them.
• Learn techniques to improve communication and enhance motivation of those that you manage.
• Develop techniques for having difficult and honest conversations and providing feedback.
• Learn how to deal with “difficult employees” in a positive way.
• Become equipped to deal with problem performers.
• Gain an insight into the common causes of workplace conflict, how to minimise the chances of it occurring and how to effectively deal with it when it does.
Learning will be supported by group work, discussion, case studies and role play. Previous delegates have also found value in being able to share experiences of dealing with difficult employee issues with peers
This course is suitable both for new line managers and experienced line managers who want to develop their management skills further.
Day 1 - Wednesday 07 November 10.00-16.00
Day 2 - Wednesday 21 November 10.00-16.00
205 West George Street