SPOTLIGHT on Mental Health in the Workplace
• You’ll understand the impact that mental ill-health can have on the workplace, what influences mental ill-health, how to recognise signs of mental ill-health and how to effectively engage with employees who experience mental ill-health.
• You’ll have a broad knowledge of when mental health conditions are likely to qualify as disabilities under the Equality Act 2010, the obligations owed by an employer to a disabled employee and the types of adjustments that can often be helpful (and required) in cases of mental ill-health.
• You’ll be aware of the distinction between work-related stress and depression and why the management of each involve very different steps.
• You’ll be alert to where the risks lie when it comes to disciplining or managing the performance of an employee with a mental health condition and the lessons that can be learned from the case law.
• You’ll gain tips on how to support someone who has experienced a mental ill-health absence back into the workplace, therefore reducing the chance of a further absence occurring.
As always, learning is supported by activities, case studies and discussion.
At our previous Spotlight on Mental Health in the Workplace 100% of delegates said that they found it a worthwhile use of their time.
19 Thistle Street